The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grinthak

Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) Empty
PostSubject: Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 3:17 am

Hey guys, writing this pretty late at night so my imagination proabably wont be at its best but ill give it a try anyway, Been playing defias for about three years now so im pretty familiar with rp. Love world RP but even though i hate it i spend most of my time hanging around in silvermoon Very Happy.

Grinthak was once a warrior of the horde he believed that the greatest honour and glory would be to die in battle, foolishly he led an assault uppon a scourge patrol were he and his comrades were slain.

Now arrisen as a death knight and freed from the lich king he has went back to what would be close to his old life as a warrior of the horde, being a death knight he is not treated the same as other soldiers among the horde and is often left to battle his own way around northrend. After being freed from the grasp of the lich king grinthak quickly saught vengeance upon the scourge and travelled to northrend, while there he discovered that there were also other death knights who were assaulting the scourge in icecrown. Recently fighting along side the knights of the ebon blade in icecrown in jotunheim he is familiar with there ways of fighting the scourge.

Grinthak appears to be slightly stupid when talking to people in general and is often excluded because of his sadistic mind, But he believes that the greatest honour is to die in battle and would happily die fighting for his men, his way of fighting in combat may seem slightly barbaric to some as he shows no remorse to enemies and would happily tear them apart and desecrate thier corpses.

Grinthak is a slightly mindless orc but is skilled in the arts of weaponry, because of his nature grinthak will happily execute any order that is given to him without remorse or mercy.

- And well thats it hope you like it Razz

Love macing faces.
Back to top Go down
Vargosh

Vargosh

PostSubject: Re: Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 pm

If you want don't want to fight alone in the Horde, join Death Knight Cyaska, as she is in command of The Horde vs Alliance RPPVP Wink

And either the less. Join us and you will not be alone, ever again Very Happy!

I liked your application, so I hope Neshkor&Kedran approves it.

Good Luck Lad, Smile
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

PostSubject: Re: Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Don't have time to read it now, unfortunately, but what Cal'Ez said about Cyaska is partially true, she is -our- commander for the RP pvp things, of course if someone outranks her on our side, that person is in command (either me or Nesh)

Shrogan organises most if not all of it if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Review.   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:33 pm

I like the way this application looks but I'd very much like Kedran to give his full comment, seeing as we're currently working on a change of rules on applications.

I apologise for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

PostSubject: Re: Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Alright, I've taken a look at your application and I'll just more or less say everything I have to say to also appease Nesh, do note that this is to give Nesh an impression and I'll make my decision largely by the precedents set by former applications and the quality of your application in comparison to them.

I'll start with a look at the lore of your application: Lorewise, there seems to be little wrong at first glance, I did notice a part in which it is suggested that he only recently (In Icecrown) came into contact with The Knight of the Ebon Blade, I believe -all- free-willed Death Knights were part of the attack on New Avalon / Light's Hope, which would include Grinthak. This would be wrong in my eyes but maybe Nesh disagrees with me on this fact, or I am wrong altogether and overlooked something, maybe some verification would be nice coming from you.

Storywise: The application is not much of a story, it is a history recital and thus grants me little feel for the character (your description in the end somewhat compensates) a little bit of interaction can tell me alot about your character, your roleplaying skills and through a bit of interaction I can also see your emoting skills.
So, I don't really like the story, as it is more of a history recital than anything else (Nesh disagrees though).

The length of your application is.. Decent, it could be a bit longer history recital wise, but it could also be shorter. I'd prefer it longer but I'm already happy that you've done this.

If Nesh doesn't have a problem with the lore part (I'm not too certain about me being right although I think I am /sarcasm on what a surprise /sarcasm off) I think you could pass for an interview.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Review.   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm

We'll further discuss some things over this in the officer forums, the only real difficulty I find is that your story seems to suggest that there are other Death Knights freed or Grinthak not being one of the Death Knights of Acherus (Which is quite the same) however I'd like to forward this for an interview.

Please contact Kedran or myself in-game.

(On a sidenote, cranky Ked?)
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

PostSubject: Re: Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 pm

Why'd you think that, Nesh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)   Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak) Empty

Back to top Go down

Application to The Ebon Hold (Grinthak)
Page 1 of 1