The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application - Glargush and Sin'jin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glargush

Application - Glargush and Sin'jin Empty
PostSubject: Application - Glargush and Sin'jin   Application - Glargush and Sin'jin EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello, I am Itai and my brother Shahar is also here with me. We wrote together this application, and we are very happy with it. We always quest together, and like to RP (and we think that RP servers contain more intelligent people and if you'll see an Orc talking like an analphabetic on a normal server it won't be because he tries to RP Very Happy), so here's the background story:

It was a cool autumn evening when the Troll Gol'jin entered the brigand camp, the brigands looked well dressed and well fed and it was enough for Gol'jin to decide they probability have something worth stealing, he wasn't wrong. The brigand leader Wiley The Black, made his fortune by not letting his treasure out of his sight, and Gol'jin, although he was quite and adept rogue, was eventually caught and imprisoned by the brigands. Luckily for him, before the brigands had time to execute their plans of using the young Troll for their entertainment an Orc Warrior heard the racket and came to his rescue, the name of the Orc was Glargush.

Gol'jin immediately saw the benefit of having a Warrior in his vicinity who could free him out of a tight spot every once in a while so he said: "Orc Mon, Me name being Gol'jin son of famous Troll leader Vol'jin and I be awed ya a debt of life. Me stays with ya for this debt to repay".

Glargush was very much flattered by this (especially by the fact that he saved the life of such an important person) so he answered. "Young Troll, my name is Glargush and I am but the son of a simple Blacksmith, I free you from any debt to me, but you are welcome to travel with me"

Ever since these two rascals travel together, taking any mercenary job they can get, and although it would seem this is a partnership of interests, truth to be told, these two actually like each other very much (although you wouldn't get either of them to admit it).

Now let me tell you something about Gol'jin, he wasn't truly honest when he declared himself the son of te Troll leader Vol'jin. His mother Triella was the first wife of Vol'jin, and up until the age of seven he was quite the center of the party, but when Vol'jin took a second wife, both younger and prettier, Gol'jin suddenly found himself left out. This is probably why he had to resort to trickery to get what he wanted. When he was caught stealing his step mother's jewelry at the age of fifteen he was thrown out of house and had to take care of himself. Luckily for Gol'jin he was a very agile and cunning Troll so he managed, but he is determined to show his father that he can make it on his own and be quite successful at that. Mainly what he aspires for is Fame and Money and he would resort to any means necessary to get both, he is not loyal to anybody but to himself although he is quite proud of being a troll of the Darkspear tribe and would not openly do anything that would hurt his tribes reputation. Even though he is a quite an intelligent and cunning Troll (don't let the language barrier confuse you) he is quite reckless and would often get himself into tight spots for the chance of getting profit, or just for the fun of adventuring.

Now Glargush is another thing all together, you have to admire that Orc. Working at his father's shop from young age Glargush did not only learn how to create swords but also how to use them for slashing right into his enemy's flesh. He became one of a kind in this special art, and gained the title of "The Protector" for guarding his village from average monsters and animals. But one day, he found himself not skillful enough, that day was when the scourge attacked his village. He fought through a hundred undead enemies, protecting his family, but he wasn't match for the power of the Scourge. When Arthas himself intervened he was knocked out and left for dead. When he woke up he found his village in ruins and all his family dead. He swore to avenge his village and to kill Arthas, the Lich king, himself.

Being a simple villager, Glargush is pretty rough and may seem a little rude. His knowledge isn't infinite but is more than that of an average Orc. One thing he doesn't like is cocky people and is willing to use his fists to teach them a lesson. In the nights you can usually find him in the local Inn drinking beer to wash off his bad memories, and trying to join any fight or quarrel he can get into.

Now, about us:
We are living in Israel, we know English more than an average man on our age (so it won't be hard to understand what we say [or write]). I am at the age of 13, and he is at the age of 29. Since he was a teenager, even before, my brother used to play DND (from first edition to the 2nd)., he is a very skillful player and he is an excellent role-player. As for me- I didn't play as long as my brother did, but I'm still playing. I started RP in DND 3 or 4 years ago. I got the game when I was 10. He used to play it a little, and I leveled a Dwarf-Hunter to 60 (but with poor talents, gold and equipment). After two years I quit, and I moved to Lord of the Rings Online. In that game we started questing together, and after a year we saw that the game was too repetitive so we quit. After a time, we decided to go back to WoW, so we opened trial accounts. After I could pay the subscription, I started to play again with him, that's when we opened Glargush and Gol'jin.
A week ago, I bought the new expansion, and I saw that with my dwarf I don't have a chance to level in Northrend, so I opened a new Draenei Death-Knight.

So, let's head for the conclusion: Me and my brother are very skillful players, with a lot of experience and passion for RP.
We hope to join the guild soon!
I will be available online now, but my brother will not be online.
I'll tell him to contact you as soon as he gets online.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

PostSubject: Re: Application - Glargush and Sin'jin   Application - Glargush and Sin'jin EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:28 pm

Quote :

Now let me tell you something about Gol'jin, he wasn't truly honest when he declared himself the son of te Troll leader Vol'jin. His mother Triella was the first wife of Vol'jin, and up until the age of seven he was quite the center of the party, but when Vol'jin took a second wife, both younger and prettier, Gol'jin suddenly found himself left out. This is probably why he had to resort to trickery to get what he wanted. When he was caught stealing his step mother's jewelry at the age of fifteen he was thrown out of house and had to take care of himself. Luckily for Gol'jin he was a very agile and cunning Troll so he managed, but he is determined to show his father that he can make it on his own and be quite successful at that. Mainly what he aspires for is Fame and Money and he would resort to any means necessary to get both, he is not loyal to anybody but to himself although he is quite proud of being a troll of the Darkspear tribe and would not openly do anything that would hurt his tribes reputation. Even though he is a quite an intelligent and cunning Troll (don't let the language barrier confuse you) he is quite reckless and would often get himself into tight spots for the chance of getting profit, or just for the fun of adventuring.

This.

This part raises a bit of an issue with me, I have a simple rule, you just don't create family ties with major lore characters. Others may disagree but I don't like it when that happens. It's not a guild rule or whatever, just a personal rule I have for whenever I create characters. I've experienced occassions when people claimed to be the daughter of Sylvanas, it just doesn't work in my honest opinion.

As for Glargush, I have no trouble with what lore has been provided about him.

In the end though, Neshkor decides.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Reply   Application - Glargush and Sin'jin EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 8:06 pm

After reading it thoroughly I do like your story, however there are things that are troublesome.

I agree with Kedran that having close relationships with lore-characters is a rather big downside, being quite honest I know little of Vol'jin, but that is besides the point.
Things such as Scourge attacking an orc (or Horde) settlement outside of Northrend sounds unplausible to me, not impossible however, but a point I found disturbing was of Glargush being a rather regular orc blacksmith who outlives "hundreds" of Scourge, yet this could be just a "Campfire Story Exageration"

Although I like the story, it's unsure if it'd click into the requirements of a fanatic-member, I'm afraid that for now I'll have to turn it down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Glargush and Sin'jin   Application - Glargush and Sin'jin Empty

Back to top Go down

Application - Glargush and Sin'jin
Page 1 of 1