The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application of Ruk'Tak

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruk'Tak

Application of Ruk'Tak Empty
PostSubject: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm

I Heard about the guild and was told that the place to join up is here:

-First requirement is to write your character's background!
Ruk'tak is a troll death knight, he grew up as a sandfury in Zul'farrack and learnt to be an executioner from his father and learnt of the use of diseases and affliction from his voodoo priest mother. He defeated other trolls in single combat and worked himself up the hierarchy, but one day, the scourge invaded the powerful empire and vanquished it into dust. The scourge overwhelmed ruktak and transformed his body into a cold dead ghouls but he still remained with the features of a troll and the coarse brown skin as a sandfury. He also kept his power in diseases his mother had trained him with the power of Gahz'rilla and the skills he needed to fight with.

-Second requirement is that we want to know a little bit of your character's way of thinking, most especially does it support the Scourge, or the Knights of the Ebon Hold?
Ruktak will fight bravely for those that fight for him, he is loyal to alliances but since the fall of his empire he has developed more of a selfish lease on life.

-Thirdly we ask to know something about you! Not everything has to be dead or killing, so how long have you been playing? Know any other people around that could tell us about you? Mostly, we want to know how long have you been roleplaying? And how well do you think you are

I started playing WoW about three years ago was playing for about a year which i got a level 55 warrior and 48 druid, i stopped playing due to difficulties around a month after TBC and only began playing again towards the end of TBC so i never really got to experience it. I have been playing on Defias for about two months and am still fairly new to Role-Playing but i have learnt much from joining the Second Gurubashi Empire on my troll hunter, Fobu. One thing i am not sure of though is that if you have to be level 80 to join, considering Ruktak is only 63 but levelling fast!

If you think this is suitable please respond to me in-game or post on this forum, since i will be checking frequently.

Hope to role-play with ya' soon
Stay Away' From Da' Voodoo, Mon!
Back to top Go down
Cyaska

Cyaska

PostSubject: Re: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:42 am

Aloz!

No, for the third time, you don't have to be eighty to join. Rolling Eyes

Ehm.. Adding my somewhat unimportant opinion.. And I may be wrong here, but I don't believe the Scourge ever came anywhere -near- Tanaris or Zul'Farrak. Quite an issue there.

Other than that.. Nothing much more I can add. I'll leave it in the hands of the ghoul and the orc.
Back to top Go down
Ruk'Tak

PostSubject: Repli   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

Maybe, but i was sure one of the Pre WOTLK scourge invasions was in tanaris but i could change it to something else, like the alliance invaded and my body was found by the scourge
Back to top Go down
Cyaska

Cyaska

PostSubject: Re: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Oh I see!

My bad, missed that out. Simply no lasting evidence of it, me being a numpty.

Anyway, as I said, I'll leave it in the hands of the ghoul and the orc.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Vargosh

Vargosh

PostSubject: Re: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Short discription, and them Naxxramas raids over all of Azeroth can indeed fit to his background.

Just hope Mr. Kedran-who-practicly-disslikes-all-stories-by-applicants likes it ^^

Heh, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Review.   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Passes to my eye.
Indeed, the Scourge never made attempt at conquering Tanaris with full might however they have sent a necropolis twice. It's high-likely that forced did fight with the trolls of Zul'farrak, taking at least some for their own.

Requires Kedran's review.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

PostSubject: Re: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Alright, I've taken a look at it, and here are my findings:

The story itself is rather short, but I that's my opinion of 90% of the applications.

The story states that your character learned diseases and affliction from his voodoo mother, now the first thing that sprung into my mind was that these couldn't have been the same diseases, after some careful consideration I got to say you imply these were the same diseases, and I doubt the Scourge (and with them the free DKs) don't use the same diseases as the voodoo priests of the Sandfury.

Now here is my main problem with the application, you state that the Sandfury fell, yes, if we look at the timeline, if we take into consideration what happened in Zul'Farrak by an attack from 'unknown' people, then the consequences should be that it did fall (speculative here, mind you but still believable imo). But the way you put it was that the Scourge vanquished it, perhaps they played a part but I wouldn't say they defeated, decimated, destroyed or whatever the Sandfury. It was a series of events, not merely the Scourge, but I do believe that the Scourge may have struck the finishing blow.
It could also just be a bit of sensationalist talking on your part but I just looked at what it said exactly.

That's more or less all I have to say about it, personally, I'm not impressed (Then again, what Cal'Ez said could be seen as true so it doesn't say a whole lot about your application itself) and I'd take a second look at it again if I were Nesh.

If after reading my review, Nesh still believes you may join, I will allow myself to be overruled though.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Review.   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Agreed that, if taken a critical eye, it is so that the Scourge didn't vanquish the empire (overlooked that there) and although unlikely I will not rule out that a Death Knight can (re?)attain strengths from life, afterall we do still use the same bodies.

In the spirit of: "Stories are exaggerations" I'll overlook these details. For the reason that the background will rarily be of such importance during the play itself and that is the story is told... <Sighs> "Stories are exaggerations".

If Ruk'Tak agrees to the fact the Sandfury empire hasn't been (fully) destroyed then I will still pass this application on for an interview.
Back to top Go down
Ruk'tak

PostSubject: agree   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Of course, ill agree. I did exaggerate, the sandfury empire hasnt been destroyed, but the trolls did fight with the scourge. Ruk'tak was at the front lines and killed
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Finish.   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:15 am

Then your application passes.

Please contact either Kedran or myself in-game for your interview.
Unfortunately I won't be present much this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

PostSubject: Re: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:43 pm

And neither will I, I'd like to state our sincere apologies on behalf of myself and Neshkor for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Ruktak

PostSubject: reply   Application of Ruk'Tak EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
http://www.keylogger.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application of Ruk'Tak   Application of Ruk'Tak Empty

Back to top Go down

Application of Ruk'Tak