The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aldiar's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aldiar S

Aldiar's Application Empty
PostSubject: Aldiar's Application   Aldiar's Application EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 am

Aldiar's past isn't one of great tragedy, or discovering he had great powers although granted, the opposite could be somewhat said at this point in time. Aldiar was born within Quel'Thalas like almost all High Elves. He lived a fairly normal childhood, taking an interest in the art of warfare from a early aged and inspired by his father who was at that time a Spellbreaker within Silvermoons army. Upon reaching the appropriate age, he enlisted much like his father in the army. Over the years the strain warfare slowly began to take it's toll, leaving Aldiar with a 'tad grim outlook on things and a bitter, deep hatred of the Troll race. Still, he continued to do his duty and life continued as normal.

The Third war of course, changed everything. The Scourge began their invasion of Quel'Thalas, cutting a bloody swathe through the land. Almost all of Silvermoons forces were obliterated however Aldiar found himself to be one of the lucky few, managing to flee once no more could be done. Aldiar stayed with the remaining survivors that did not follow Prince Kael'Thas through into Outland and assisted with the rebuilding Eversong, protecting refugees and sweeping up the remains of the Scourge that skill plagued the land, like every other soldier.

Silvermoon and Eversong forest were reborn and not soon afterwards came the formation of the Blood Knights. Aldiar became one of the first of many volunteers, harnessing the power of the captured Naruu to their own ends. Aldiar continued to serve the Blood Knight Order, eventually achieving the rank of Knight. One fateful morning however, the sounds of war shook the boarder into Quel'Thalas, it initially seemed like another Scourge attack they had launched in vain in an attempt to make headway out of the Plaguelands and yes, it was just another skirmish. For Aldiar however, it would become his first grave. Partway through the battle Aldiar and several other Blood Knights found themselves surrounded. They fought valiantly but eventually each one of them was struck down. The day however, had been won and undead defeated before Aldiars corpse could be consumed by the ravenous hordes. The remaining soldiers left the dead where they lie...

Aldiars eyes would not stayed closed forever. He awoke in a pool of blood, a ice cold surface and the stench of a thousand, diseased, rotting corpses. He knew not where he was, but the presence of a blackened, armored figure soon made him realise. Cloaked, haunched figures surrounded him, inspecting every part of his body. Eventually one of them turned to the armor-clad figure and nodded. His world became dark again, awakening to the same feeling of chill and smell of death. His mind however, held only one thought.

"Obey"

He knew not what he was doing, he knew nothing. All he knew was what he was told. He soon found himself in a similar, plated armor to that of the figure he had seen...he didn't even know how long it had been since he had awoken...days? Weeks? Months? Years? The stench of death always lingered, the feel of wet, dripping crimson on his hands. Men, women and children would flee in their presence. Fathers would drop to their knees as his blade rang across his child's neck. Prayers would be muttered from the mouths of soldiers and priests, slowly fading until their voices returned in a groaning, mutilated sound. He knew not how many had died by his hand and he cared not. He knew not what he was doing...at least...Aldiar didn't.

This continued. The screams, the cries, the crimson flood, until...It returned? Everything. He turned his head, hundreds of corpses surrounded him and others like him only this time... he realised what he had done. He starred at the diseased, brown ground for moments. Blood dripped off his face, his armor, his blade. His hands were wrapped in stings of entrails. He came too his senses and heard a familiar voice speak.

"So too do the Knights of the Ebon Blade... While our kind has no place in your world, we will fight to bring an end to the Lich King. This I vow!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aldiar is extremely steadfast in his views. He has a deep burning hatred for the Trolls. He cares not which breed, Forest, Ice, Jungle...In his eyes they are all disgusted, murdering scum to be wiped from the face of Azeroth. The Scourge however are a new level. The sight of undeath can often drive Aldiar into a furious rage, the fury of his fallen allies and comrades. Aldiar bears with him the massive guilt of what he has done in the service of the Lich King. Even he knows not how many inocccents he has slain, how many begged for mercy and how many he reborn to a fate worse than death. The memories of which slowly tear at his conciouncs of which he attempts to hide behind a grim, aggressive attitude towards others.

Knowing the world will never accept him for what he has become, Aldiar sees the Ebon Blade has a enclave of brothers and sisters, each of which have gone through the same horrors and hate as himself. He is still steadfast in his loyalty to the Children of the Blood and Quel'Thalas but cares little of the Horde, seeing others besides perhaps the Forsaken as savage barbarians, worthy of nothing but tools to be used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. First of all I apologise for the horrible in-character part of my application. I am horrible at writing in-character stories. I have been playing World of Warcraft for around two years altogether. I have only recently however (Sunday to be exact) returned to Azeroth after two years of playing different MMO's including Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars: Galaxies, Warhammer Online and even San Andreas: Multiplayer Roleplay. All together I have been roleplaying for around five years now, but that is only a guess.

Anyway I hope my story and such weren't too bad. I try to stay away from cliches such as "My parents were killed" or "I discovered I had a great power" but i've found with the Blood Elves this can be quite difficult.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Fantastic!   Aldiar's Application EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 am

A most fantastic application! Please contact Kedran or myself so we might hold your interview!
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

PostSubject: Re: Aldiar's Application   Aldiar's Application EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

It's been a long time since I've said this, but this application gets the Executioner's stamp of approval. Relish it for it is not given out quickly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldiar's Application   Aldiar's Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldiar's Application
Page 1 of 1