The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigudik

''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade Empty
PostSubject: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Sigudik Wolfblade was born and grew up within Frostwolf Clan, he was trained to one day become a soldier, but he was turned into a Death Knight in his first battle, shortly he was sent to Acherus to get his Death Knight training.
Now, when he and all other Knights of the Ebon Blade have been freed from the despiseful Lich King's grip, he has decided to find out what happened to his close ones while he was away and to bring fame to his family. Now he despises the Scourge.
While he was under the command of the Lich King, his ''brothers'' started calling him ''Butcher'' because he enjoyed interrogations and slaughtering innocent people the most,it always ''made his day.''

I started roleplaying a few years ago, been doing it a lot on my Human Paladin lately, but Horde I just like Horde way more(played Horde about 9/10 of 4 year total), so I decided to roll Orc DK, which seamed appealing to me, but RP wise I have never been Horde before. Maybe you could class me as a ''vet'' RP, maybe not. My English may be a little sloppy due to that I am only 16 years old and I live in Estonia ( English is a foreign language to me ).

Last edited by Neshkor on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Request from writer. Typo's + Minor error.)
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Review   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 pm

I approve of this application, little to say about it. Not the longest application nor the shortest, all the information in a nutshell.
(Taking into account you're new to orcs)
Pending on Kedran's review.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I disagree with Nesh, sure the application is not the shortest.. But it remains short, too short.

Lorewise your application has no mistakes (Very easy with such a short thing).
Looking at your sto.. No, no, it's another history recital, I don't get a glimpse of the character self, his way of acting is slightly described in the last tidbits of the recital but still, it tells me little. A story with interaction is nice, I get a feel for your emoting skills, and your roleplaying skills in general.
As for your English, I don't judge someone by that, unless it doesn't make sense at all.

Not much more to say really except for:

I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Sigudik

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Oh well, I just don't know how to make up stories, never will.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Thank you.   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:39 pm

And there Kedran you find back what I told you, not everyone can do a story.

I disagree on this one Kedran, I'm no seer, but I see a fight on the officer chats!
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 pm

I say bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Krekmar

Krekmar

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:47 pm

There's some difference between the "fan fic"-form of RP, and the "spontaneous RP" in-game. The greatest difference is that IG-RP is only focused on dialogue, while forum-RP and such requires description of environment, emotions, thoughts and so on. I know some people who're great RP:ers IG, but... well, they aren't the best when it comes to writing stories. And the other way around I know peeps who're awesome at writing stories, but cannot fathom the fast-paced world of spontaneous RP, and such... have some difficoulties there.

You can't ask a guy playing the piano to play an accordion just because they both have keys.

What I'm saying is that he might be really good at RP:ing in-game, but on the other hand, writing a - at least a little bit longer - story isn't much to ask, and not terribly painful.
Back to top Go down
Sigudik

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 pm

(When Sigudik was quite young, his family left the Frostwolf Clan to join the Argent Dawn)
It is raining, it never rains this time of the year, thought Sigudik quietly, standing in middle of his battalion. The battalion was getting nervous, they had been waiting for hours now, but there wasn't a ghoul in sight. Then suddenly he started thinking of why did his family leave Frostwolf Clan in the first place, which was odd, because he had never thought of it before, all he could remember from that day was that his father came home upset and then they started packing, but he was interrupted by a sound of a distant battlehorn. He peered at his Commander, who seemed a little worried, but before he could start figuring why he was worried somebody yelled: ''Scourge!'' It upsetted him, because the yelling was quite deafening, he was about to tell the yeller that there is no need to yell that hard, but before he could do that he was stunned in sight of the Scourge, it seemed to him like there would have been an entire legion of undead there, but then his commander told to them: ''About three battalions, nothing we can't handle!'' It inspired Sigudik enough to make him totally unaware of the commander's doubt and worrying, he was now sure that they will win this battle without any casualties. Before he could have a glance at the Scourge again, he heard sound of something flying in the air and the next moment he got hit by something and he fell down, he got up as fast as he could and looked at what he had been hit with, it was a bloody human body. Sigudik felt sick, he wanted to run away, run away from all of this, but then he could heard the sound of blades clashing and he looked up to the battlefield again. The Scourge had reached them and they didn't look like ghouls or other mindless minions, but death knights. He charged into one, successfully stabbing it into the chest, he pulled his blade out of him and watched him fall to the ground and then he felt something could driving into him, he looked up again and saw a Death Knight driving a blade into him, he fell to his knees and when the Death Knight pulled his sword out from him he fell to the ground, all Sigudik was thinking about was his family and friends, he now had accepted the fact that he will never see them again, he lost his consciousness.
Sigudik slowly opened his eyes, he saw someone wearing a light blue armor, but his sight was still to blurry to recognize any other details, he only felt one feeling and it wasn't fear or anger, it was a strong will, will of the Lich King and he said out: ''All for the Lich King!'' His sight was clearing up and he could see that it was a death knight in that light blueish armor, the death knight told him: ''Rise Death Knight and serve your master!'' He had become a death knight.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Review.   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Well, seems thatr Ked won this battle.

-Yer ain't won the war!

<Cough> Getting on...

My opinion is unchanged and this is pending on Kedran's review.

Also: Frostwolf is a difficult clan to roleplay from as their history and ways are in many ways different from the other clans since Draenor's corruption and the first war that followed.
I've played as a Frostwolf for about a year and would love to share facts and lore, it'd even give me a reason to pull old Mhokdor out from the bin.

EDIT: Also, afraid of a bloodied human skull?! Peon orcs...
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Yes, Neshkor, I won this battle, 'tis a feeling you'll get used to in time Razz

Woe to the vanquished.

Aaanyways:

Now, this is already much, much better in my eyes, it shows me more of your character himself than I saw in your history recital, it gave me a peek into your emoting skills, which I deem rather important.

Lorewise: This is where it gets interesting, it is unfortunate but you have made some mistakes, which may or may be seen as big mistakes.
Quote :
(When Sigudik was quite young, his family left the Frostwolf Clan to join the Argent Dawn)

This sentence here is the catalyst, the question that pops into my head is: "What does he think quite young is?" not because of that I want to know how old Sigudik exactly is, but because the Argent Dawn is not an old organization, it was established -after- the establishment of the Scarlet Crusade, who in turn were established somewhere between the battle of Mount Hyjal and the beginning of WoW (most likely after the defeat of Balnazzar in WC3:TFT even) this makes me believe that there is a problem with the timeline of Sigudik in relation to the timeline of Warcraft.

Apart from this, I'd say you could pass for an interview. Unfortunately, this is a mistake that could be seen as rather big and I have to put you on hold because of it.

Neshkor, look into it.
Back to top Go down
Sigudik

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Quite young you ask? Well I just don't know how old is an ''old'' and a ''young'' orc, so I meant that he was like a teenager.
Back to top Go down
Vargosh

Vargosh

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Teenager is most likely to young.. during the second war and somewhere of third war Grommash were about 56 years old I've read up. And we can all see what a great and healthy warrior he is. The orc age is a little different than the human, not alot, just a bit. But as ked stated.

The Argent Dawn were formed very late.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Oh yes, Nesh'll be back tomorrow or so I believe, so it might take a while for him to look at this thread.

My sincere apologies for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Not that bad.   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:38 am

Orcs grow old and fit, yes, however they start young.

A Horde warrior begins his day with a blade in its teenages, by the age of twelve they're broad and strong enough to wield a weapon, by the age of eighteen to twenty they should be capable enough to be an expert in fighting.
As they increase in age they increase in skill, by the age of seventy the warriors' body will slowly decay, most warriors will (when that happens) charge into battle to die an honourable death, rather than becoming a burden to its brothers.
Other kinds of orcs, traders, shaman, spiritualists of all kinds oftenly grow olders, sometimes even up to a hundred years while remaining quite fit.

Peons are not that kind of orc!
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lore.   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

As I've explained to you before in whisper, orcs have difficult lore, Frostwolves maybe the most difficult. I'm willing to close an eye to this and allow you to learn more to work out the tiniest details to perfection. Please contact Kedran or myself for your interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade   ''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade Empty

Back to top Go down

''Butcher'' Sigudik Wolfblade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ebon Hold forum :: Non-member :: Applications-
Jump to: