The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Applicant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bleakgar

A New Applicant Empty
PostSubject: A New Applicant   A New Applicant EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Overconfident. They had always said he had been overconfident. Bull headed and foolish. Arrogant and brash. In short, he was perhaps one of the worst choices for an apprentice. It had surprised the people in the small village of Gateshead when the resident 'hedge-wizard' invited the young man to become his apprentice. So little they knew.
The 'hedge-wizard', who I will name Garth because I can't remember his real name, was not in fact a simple arcanist. He was actually a pathetically weak wizard whose only redeeming quality was his interest in necromancy. A very superficial interest at best; he had no experience and did not dare attempt to steal or otherwise...procure...corpses. Unfortunately, the young apprentice did not realise this and quickly became enamoured with the man and with necromancy in general.
The apprentice himself had only been chosen because he seemed the easiest to be manipulated and one of the marginally more talented people in the community. He was easily regaled by stories of great power, and became Garth's errand boy. Indeed, it is almost shameful to think back to the bright eyes and eager smile the apprentice wore. Pathetic.
The one time they could have triumphed, when the apprentice had dared to steal a pet rabbit from his neighbour and kill it, when Garth could have finally gained some real experience with true magic...it all went wrong. Raising a rabbit from the grave. A rabbit, and they could not succeed at that. Of course, it was more by chance. At that point, the mages of Dalaran were scouring most of the north for evidence of this new plague that had sprung up, and a young mage in the area sensed the energies of the ritual. He roused the town militia even as the small mammal was brought into a short undeath. Garth was killed, as was his apprentice.
The next time that apprentice woke, he realised he was in a tomb. A strange, decaying figure named Mordo informed him he had been granted new life by the Dark Lady; apparently, in fact, this pathetic apprentice had been brought back from death to serve an army named the Forsaken. He soon felt the power tingling in his undead veins and knew he was now strong enough. Strong enough for revenge, against the humans who had killed him, against the Scourge that enslaved him...in fact, he wished to thank Arthas for granting him the power to end this "Lich King's" life.
Memories...they are a strange substance. The apprentice could remember all of this, but not his name. He conjured up a suitable title...Bleakgarn. Garn was an old Arathi word meaning future, or outlook. The name was ridiculous, but fitting enough.
My name is Bleakgarn, and I come to end life...and return it afresh to the dead.

My only hope is that some day, the glorious Dark Lady who set me free casts off the shackles of the weak, and the strong can unite the world. Revenge on Arthas is excellent, but it would be nice to see an undead world as well. I feel that the Ebon Hold can aid me, as it seems we have a common goal. The death of the Lich King. I am a necromancer, and have been pursuing this path for a while now. My skill grows rapidly, and I feel I can help the Ebon Hold a lot. Spells of shadow are beckoned to my fingers, diseases and decay that smite my enemies are a simple spell away.

((Alright, hope you liked the above. I've recently rerolled Horde on this server from a level 70 human paladin in the Disciples of Light. I have a lot of RP experience, having been RPing since I started playing in patch 1.8. I am interested and excited in Warcraft lore, have read most of the books and am definetly looking forward to finding a guild like this who shares my views and has such a great roleplay base. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer in or out of character, as you prefer.))
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

A New Applicant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Applicant   A New Applicant EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Looks like a solid application, you have my special stamp of approval:

[Executioner's stamp of approval]

Hope to see you in the guild!
Back to top Go down
Neshkor
Admin
Admin

A New Applicant Empty
PostSubject: Reply   A New Applicant EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:10 am

Kedran beat me to it, but you definately get the stamp of approval! Contact Kedran or I in-game for an interview.

... Or just poke me right now seeing as we're in a conversation... NOT THE EYE!
Back to top Go down
Isthea

A New Applicant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Applicant   A New Applicant EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Hope to see you in the Guild soon! Glad to see another Allie rerolling Horde /giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Applicant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Applicant   A New Applicant Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Applicant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ebon Hold forum :: Non-member :: Applications-
Jump to: