The Ebon Hold forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ebon Hold guild forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Letter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: The Letter   The Letter EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:37 pm

((Ok guys, my take on the Letter that calls the Council of the Forsaken into being)) ((Also, randomly picked a name XD))

Attention, Leaders of the Quarters. It has come to our, the Apothecaries of the Undercity, attention that there is a new threat amongst the living being aimed at us. There are those who have become Hunters of our kind, and wish our Destruction and that of all we represent.

We, the Apothecaries, have decided it may be best to put our hopes into a council to train our people for the war that we fear we must soon face. We can but offer our support to a council, composed of those who represent our people the best. We should endeavor to choose those who will lead us on this path, guiding our steps from within our own quarters, as well as those who will speak for each of our peoples needs within the Council.

Each Quarter may stand alone or, together, we must surely be driven back to the embrace of the Lich. Therefor, we plead with you to make your decision well, for this council must be not only strong in support, but firm in action, as if their qords were law.

Make haste, our Brothers and Sisters, we fear our time draws short.

In the Service of our People. The Shadows protect us all
Back to top Go down
Rasonal

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Lets discuss this ooc things first:

How the council gonna work, Who will lead it?
What will it try to decide about, ICly?

My offer is:
3 main leaders, One more of War, One more of Culture/peace(negotiate mabey?), and another of religion.
4 to 6 chosen by the forsaken, by vote- there will be volunteers first, that will promise they will auctually do something for the council, and they will say what they represent, their ideas, or such, than there will be vote for them, by forsaken only.

The council will try to create Culture events, Religional events, and will try to do call of arms, Start war if needed for the forsaken, and such things.

Thats the very basic offer of mine.

<Discuss>

-Rasonal.
Back to top Go down
Bella

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 pm

My basic proposal is this:

We have 4 Council Members with full voting rights, one from each "quarter". They are allowed a full vote and veto powers. Each class has a rep. who has a vote, although not in major issues that come before the council, who may take their opinions.

Each person would at first, be hand picked, later be voted on by the majority.
Back to top Go down
Rasonal

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Now you have both basics offers. Disclaimer about mine: Those picked through votes have less power, yet more power- means- they will have less rights, but will make the votes that will be the final say, probably, or something close to it.
Everyone will be a main, no class sepsific, Just wanted to make it clear, and can't edit my post.

Now- Which basic concept of idea you think will work better?
Do you have another basic ocncept of idea? - Post it.

Once we are settled on the basic concept of the idea, we can go on.
Back to top Go down
Kedran Vaultrine
Kedran Vaultrine

Location : High in the sky, or in the van outside Nemy's house.

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:08 pm

We could also base this on the Roman senate of old, something I would love to see.

In total, there would be a number of of 'senators' or 'councillors', I'll refer to them as senators for now. I'll also put the senate on a total number of 10 people for use.

Of these 10 people 3-4 are 'consuls' (the highest office of state during the Republic), these are the (semi) permanent members of the senate. These members enjoy full voting rights, and the right to veto, propose things etc. I'll put their number at 4 for ease of use.

These members are indeed semi-permanent, they can be removed if they become way too inactive without notification or if they are accused of a crime and found guilty. Furthermore I believe a vote should be allowed for the removal of one of these people, if it is opposed by nobody except for that person himself then the motion is passed and he finds himself no longer a permanent member or a member at all. Should this occur a vote should be held (either inside the senate or general, the latter being my preference) for someone to fill his seat.

Should someone fill his seat through a vote, the consuls will lose a permanent member. In other words, the seat will now become available for general election -yet- it would still hold the same powers. This could allow a gradual shift into something more democratic in nature, furthermore we should keep open the idea of opening it up for general election in its entirety after it has been established fully.

Now, 6 members remain who are elected by the people. These 6 members will elect, from amongst them, one person who carries the right to veto himself, they cannot vote for themselves. This person would be a 'tribune' more or less. Every of these elected members would be allowed to vote, and propose things yet only the tribune would be allowed to veto.

Now, what if a veto were to be used? Then 2 possibilities exist:
A) The motion is not accepted and stopped immediately.
B) a vote of the vetos.. Simply put, everyone with a veto votes again, majority wins.

Now, this is -very- loosely based on the Roman Senate.

It should also be noted that I'm not suggesting names here, these names were merely for ease of use.
Back to top Go down
Rasonal

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:42 pm

I like Ked's Idea, I say give it a go, the 4, or 3- we will see later, that will be the first to have the veto power, Will be those who begined it- remember I am talking about the first, they can be voted out of course- Or will be chosen by vote aswell?

I suggest that atleast the 7 or 6 that won't have the veto voice will be firstly chosen by the forsaken, or by the 3-4 with the veto voice, if not enough votes are made.

What say you?

Sorry if you did not understood me at some point, let me know where, and I will make it more clear.

-Rasonal.
Back to top Go down
Serion / Edrieth

Serion / Edrieth

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:43 pm

This sounds different and very interesting indeed. It is a grand sight to see something other than measly elves (Despite me playing 3 of them, le sigh, I will insult myself) walk around Silverlols acting like some superior race, when all they do is bitch amongst themselves and stand outside Wayfarer's for the best part of thier lives. >.>

Anyways, after the Orlando Bloom rage, I must say, Kedran's idea is a great idea, like many that have exited his mind. *sticks on his flattering eyelashes*

I wish all the best in some decent Forsaken RP. Tis a shame I do not indulge in WoW anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Letter   The Letter Empty

Back to top Go down

The Letter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ebon Hold forum :: Non-member :: Contact Us-
Jump to: